5 Tips for an Eco-Friendly Halloween
It’s almost Halloween and we all know what that means—costumes, candy, and pumpkins galore. So how can you have a fun, eco-friendly Halloween?
- Make your Halloween costume out of items you already own (or borrow from a friend). Even if you buy a couple of accessories to jazz it up, it’s still better than buying a brand-new costume that you’ll only wear once or twice.
- Buy organic or fair trade candy to hand out to trick-or-treaters.
- Use a pillowcase or a reusable shopping bag instead of a single-use trick-or-treat bag.
- Reuse your decorations. Nicer decorations can last for years and years.
- Since it’s not advisable to use a carved jack-o-lantern for anything related to food or personal care, try a no-carve pumpkin instead. They can be washed and reused.
What are you tips for a green Halloween?
For more tips:
Tips for Other Holidays: