AT&T saves $44 million by going green
On Friday, we asked whether people need a reward to go green. If saving the environment isn’t enough incentive for you, what about saving money?
According to the Treehugger, last year AT&T saved $44 million dollars by going green.
What did they do?
- Replaced incandescent bulbs with LEDs at more over 1,100 sites
- Removed networking switches at 11 central offices
- Installed desktop power management software on 169,000 computers
- Launched an online energy management training program
- Tracked energy performance through the Energy Scorecard
- Participated in the EDF Climate Corps program
You can read more about this topic here.
Would you go green to save money?