Whole Foods & the Greenest Grocery Store
How green is your grocery store? If you shop at the Whole Foods in Dedham, Massachusetts, you might shop at one of the greenest grocery stores in the world.
The Dedham store is a showcase facility, which means that it tests sustainable practices that other Whole Foods stores may implement in the future.
Here are a few of their remarkable green practices:
- Grocery bags and cash register tape are made from 100 percent recycled paper.
- The store has innovative recycling programs. For example, they provide wine cork recycling.
- The structural steel in the store is made from 100 percent recycled material.
- The building has a white roof, which means that it reflects heat.
- 80 percent of store waste is reused.
One more thing we like about the Whole Foods chain? They like to recycle e-waste too. We’ve even partnered with a couple of the stores in the past to host e-waste collection events.
Do you shop at Whole Foods? What is one green practice that stands out to you?
You can read more about this subject here.