5 Ways to Reuse Common Items
I recently came across “Recycle This,” a blog with interesting reuse and recycle options for a variety of common household items. Although the site is based out of the UK, many of the concepts and ideas are universal.
Here are my top 5 favorite posts:
- Wine corks can be made into trivets or cork boards. I’ve seen this done before and it works well.
- Most of us are trying to stop using plastic bags, but what do you do with the ones you already have? They can be fused together to make a stronger bag, knitted into a non-absorbent rug, or even turned into a jumprope.
- Pencil erasers can be turned into rubber stamps.
- Padded envelopes can be recovered and reused—this could be great if you own a small business or items in an Ebay or Etsy store.
- Audio cassettes and audio cassette cases can be used to hold business cards or be remade into belt buckles or purses.
How do you recycle common household items?